In Season Mock Draft, V 1.0
Written by Curt Popejoy on 09/15/2009
In case anyone asks, I will change my draft order week 4, and every 4 weeks. The players will be the main changes during the season.
1.Cleveland Browns - Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
I suppose finding another target for Quinn is the way to go. Honestly, if Cleveland ends up picking this high, they need to trade back.
2.St Louis Rams - Jevan Sneed QB Ole. Miss
At some point, this team has to upgrade under center and Sneed is a great prospect.
3.Detroit Lions - Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
This kid looks to be a huge climber on triangle numbers and will be hard to pass up.
4.Oakland Raiders - Taylor Mays S USC
Al Davis loves his freakish athletes and Mays is the most freakish of the bunch.
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State
Okung would make a great bookend for Branden Albert or allow him to move inside to guard.
6. Denver Broncos - Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
Dominant defensive force in the middle of the line.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Eric Berry S Tennessee-Sort of a best player avaliable pick for a team with lots of needs. Berry is a playmaker.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Terrance Cody DT Alabama
The Bucs seem to be putting the pieces in place on offense but their defense is another story. Cody is a wall of a man, to keep lineman off linebackers.
9. Washington Redskins - Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
I considered a QB here or even a linebacker, but Williams is too good to pass up at this point.
10. San Fransisco 49ers - Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky
Top Cb is always an interesting debate and for me, Lindley was one of the best in the nation last year so he gets the nod for me. He's very physical and Singletary will love that.
11. Buffalo Bills - Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
If Clausen can continue to develop, he could end up right here in the first round. The Bills will probably be needing a new QB after Jauron is fired.
12. Cincinnati Bengals - Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
I am not sure if Bryant fits this team, because of his lack of arrest record, but no doubt he's a playmaker.
13. Seattle Seahawks - Joe Haden CB Florida
Another BPA pick. This team seems to be solid while not spectacular all over the field. Wouldn't rule out a WR here too.
14. Dallas Cowboys - Rolando McClain ILB Alabama
The strength of a 3-4 is it's linebackers, and McClain in the middle of that group would be scary good.
15. New York Jets - Damian Williams WR USC
Former teammates re-united and it's gonna feel so good.
16. Miami Dolphins - Arthur Jones DT Syracuse
Dolphins still looking to fill holes along that dline and Jones is a very underrated playmaker.
17. Arizona Cardinals - Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
Another team without a glaring weakness and can stand to just snatch up an amazing athlete.
18. New Orleans Saints - Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
If McCoy falls this far, the Saints will be doing cartwheels in the war room.
19. Houston Texans- C.J. Spiller RB Clemson
I'm not a Steve Slaton fan, so I think the Texans would be wise to upgrade here.
20. Atlanta Falcons - Jerry Hughes DE/LB TCU
John Abraham can't play forever so getting his replacement now would be huge.
21. Green Bay Packers - Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
Bulaga will probably end up going higher but the Packers would be excited to see him here.
22. New England Patriots - Sean Weatherspoon LB Missouri
Spoon might be the best player in the country no one has ever heard of, and would add youth and athleticism to a re-building defense.
23. Minnesota Vikings - Colt McCoy QB Texas
Don't put me in the McCoy is going to be a great pro camp, but someone will take a shot on him, and Favre will probably retire again after this season.
24. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)- Charles Brown OT USC
The Niners need players all over the field, but upgrading the offensive line has to be a must.
25. Philadelphia Eagles - Brandon Graham DE Michigan
Graham probably isn't a need position but Reid loves drafting defensive line, and Graham is an amazing athlete.
26. Seattle (from Chicago through Denver) - Sergio Kindle LB/DE Texas
Seattle has an amazing group of linebackers but adding a pure edge rusher line Kindle, would be huge. He opposite Aaron Curry on passing downs would be a scary combo.
27. Tennessee Titans - Greg Hardy DE Mississippi
Another team needing to upgrade their defensive line. Hardy may be a little overrated here, but he seems to be getting a lot of pub.
28. Baltimore Ravens -Donovan Warren CB Michigan
The Ravens need to get younger on defense and it seems Ray Lewis will play until he's 60 so the look to their secondary.
29. San Diego Chargers -Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky
Isn't it about time the Chargers made an effort to upgrade the middle of that linebacking corp?
30. Indianapolis Colts - Brandon Spikes LB Florida
Come combine time, Spikes could fly up draft boards but for now, he's a super steal for a team always looking to get stouter on defense.
31. New York Giants - Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida
The rich get richer. No WR worth this pick, so they go with yes another amazing defensive end.
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
The Steelers have been able to win in spite of their offensive line, but this year, they take a serious step toward improving it.
Last Edited: 09/15/2009