NFL Power Rankings-Week 2
Written by Curt Popejoy on 09/24/2011
Like most seasons, this NFL season has the mix of a few really great times, a few really bad ones, and a whole bunch in the middle.
32. Kansas City Chiefs-A team ravaged with injuries and poor coaching.
31. Indianapolis Colts-Peyton Manning gets hurt and the whole team just gave up.
30. Seattle Seahawks-Worst offense in the NFL. Pete Carroll has no talent at quarterback.
29. Carolina Panthers-Cash Newton racking up big passing yards but no W’s.
28. Miami Dolphins-Lots of offense but a defense that can’t stop a flag football team.
27. St. Louis Rams-This team lacks speed on defense and it’s offense is just too beat up to be competitive.
26. Minnesota Vikings-This team should be better than this but right now no chemistry on either side of the ball.
25. Denver Broncos-At this point they may as well just start Tim Tebow and at least God will root for this group.
24. Oakland Raiders-Another team that looks to be a couple of players away from being good.
23. Jacksonville Jaguars-Maybe a quarterback change will fire up a lackluster offense.
22. San Fransisco 49ers-Another team that is hamstrung because they have such mediocre quarterback play.
21. Tennessee Titans-Chris Johnson is playing like a guy who just got a big fat contract. And that’s not a good thing.
20. Chicago Bears-No matter how they play you have to assume Cutler is going to cost them a few games.
19. Cleveland Browns-You aren't in the middle of the league without being pretty average across the board and that’s what they are.
18. Arizona Cardinals-The offense is feeling some growing pains but the defense is letting them down.
17. Cincinnati Bengals-Great young tandem at quarterback and wide receiver, but not much else to get excited about.
16. New York Giants-Another team that is beat down with injuries and just trying to compete.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Everyone’s sleeper pick is looking a little sly out of the gate.
14. Washington Redskins-One of the nice surprise teams of the year. Everyone playing team football and no mistakes.
13. Detroit Lions-Look out for the Lions as long as they can keep their premier players healthy.
12. Buffalo Bills-Another big surprise. Consistent play, good system and no errors.
11. Dallas Cowboys-Cowboys are more talented than their play indicates most weeks. So goes Tony Romo goes the team.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers-A team on the mend who’s going to have to get healthy in a hurry if they want to contend.
9. Baltimore Ravens-Another up and down ballclub with more than enough talent to go to the Super Bowl.
8. Atlanta Falcons-Bigtime offense with a defense that needs to start playing at a higher level.
7. New Orleans Saints-You have to figure with all that offense the Saints will be in every game.
6. New York Jets-Steady consistent football and a team culture that makes them believe they will win every game.
5. Houston Texans-No Colts to contend with and the best wr in the game on the roster. Just have to get Arian Foster healthy to be sure.
4. San Diego Chargers-They are ranked here now, and I hope there’s no late year swoon with all that talent.
3. Philadelphia Eagles-The Dream team seems to working out alright so far. Vick’s health all season will be the deciding factor.
2. New England Patriots-Dominant passing offense that keeps opposing teams off their games and takes Pressure off an average Pats defense.
1. Green Bay Packers-When you are the defending champions and you are playing at a level this high there’s no place for you to be but No. 1.
Last Edited: 09/24/2011